☀☀☀Metal Detector Italia☀☀☀

Ciao and hello!

« Older   Newer »

1. Sebulon

User deleted

Ciao Italy!

I will use English out of respect to the Italian language. I myself isn't american nor am i brittish, I am a Swede from Sweden. I found this forum when i was searching for "metal detecting in italy" . Recently i´ve bought a metal detector ( Nokta Fors Relic if anyone wonders ) I currently live in Sardegna ( i'm learning italian on the go ). Italy has a great history, just as Sweden have. When it comes to metal detecting i'm a beginner, but i do have relatives that has been in this scene for 20+ years now. I've joined this forum in hopes to gain some knowledge about the italian laws when it comes to metal detecting. I'm aware that the archeological places among places with scientific interests are stricly forbidden. ( I'm no thombraider ) And i respect the archeology just as i respect the history. If anyone could give me some guidelines about the italian laws i'd be more than pleased.

SMD Founder

Group
    G3

Status
    Welcome in our forum Sebulon!
    You are right, be aware from archeological site in Italy!
    Are stricly forbidden and the laws are very hard about this situation!

If you find an ancient coin or artifact you have 24 hours of time for declare and give it to first Carabinieri station near you.

Good Luck and Good Hunt!

Whites coinmaster pro GARRETT ACE 250 modificato AT Gold Sovereign GT Deus1 Equinox 800

Group
    G3

Status
    Anonymous
    Welcome to M.D.I. :mb21.gif:

4. Sebulon

User deleted

CITAZIONE (PiadaKid @ 28/6/2017, 20:17) 
    Welcome in our forum Sebulon!
    You are right, be aware from archeological site in Italy!
    Are stricly forbidden and the laws are very hard about this situation!

If you find an ancient coin or artifact you have 24 hours of time for declare and give it to first Carabinieri station near you.

Good Luck and Good Hunt!

Thank you PiadaKid!

So if i would try out my metal detector on my farmland, and a roman coin would pop up, i must hand it over to the authorities? Even if the land isn't owned by the state? What determines the archelogical interest of a coin? What year would the coin has to be made in in order for me to keep it? Another question i have is that it clearly says that it's forbidden to use the metal detector of archelogical interest, what determines that? Would the carabinieri stop me if they saw me on my farmland using my metal detector?

If so how would i get away with using it? "I´m looking for coins?" Is it legal to coinshoot with a metal detector? ( I am a coinshooter )

CITAZIONE (fabiowonder @ 28/6/2017, 20:33) 
    Welcome to M.D.I. :mb21.gif:

Thank you!

GURKHA

Group

Status
    Welcome

SMD Founder

Group
    G3

Status
    Yes, you must do it in any case.

There's no particular rules to understand if you can keep without problems... but laws says only: ALL is older then 50 years is proprety of State.
    So, every coin, every items need to be declared if you take it literally.
    The authorities decide case by case.

And yes, Carabinieri or Police can stop you in theory also in your farmland for a check.
    But i think is quite impossible...

If someone stop you, you can say: i'm searching for my granfathers ring lost here 10 years ago :lol:

7. Sebulon

User deleted

CITAZIONE (ONIDINO @ 28/6/2017, 21:39) 
    Welcome

Thank you!

CITAZIONE (PiadaKid @ 28/6/2017, 21:55) 
    If someone stop you, you can say: i'm searching for my granfathers ring lost here 10 years ago :lol:

Haha yeah because it's so convincing that a swedish guy with a metal detector in his hand is looking for his grandfathers ring :P
    I've only lived here a year. Might tell them that i'm looking for the pipe to the water well lol

This is frustrating, i might change to a beach detector instead :unsure:

Are the caribineri in italy really this strictive? I mean just look at the traffic in italy and clearly noone gives a damn about the traffic rules :wacko: But maybe they know that a md is expensive and only sees the money?

8. Gianluca1976

User deleted

Ciao, benvenuto in MDI

9. Sebulon

User deleted

CITAZIONE (Gianluca1976 @ 28/6/2017, 22:39) 
    Ciao, benvenuto in MDI

Buonasera Gianluca! Grazie!

Advanced Member

Group

Status
    Welcome!

11. codepad

User deleted

Ciao Sebulon, benvenuto in Mdi.

XP DEUS

Group
    M.D.I.Fan's Club

Status
    Ciao benvenuto!

Metal posseduti Minelab E-trac, White's Primz6t, Garrett AT Pro, Propointer Garrett, XP Deus 3.2 .

Group
    M.D.I.Fan's Club

Status
    Ciao Sebulon, benvenuto anche da parte mia.

12 replies since 28/6/2017, 18:08   115 views